Imagine setting the standard for others to follow. Siemens was the first global industrial company to publicly commit to a carbon neutrality goal by 2030. As part of Siemens' goal to become net-zero, the company committed to EV100, which includes converting its global fleet of roughly 50,500 vehicles to electric and deploying charging by 2030. Siemens is also a member of the Climate Group's RE100 and EP100 initiatives.
The return on investment (ROI) of decarbonising a vehicle fleet varies based on fleet size, fuel and electricity costs, government incentives, and implementation expenses.
However, decarbonization offers several potential benefits:
- Reduced fuel costs: Electric vehicles are typically cheaper to operate than gasoline-powered vehicles.
- Reduced maintenance costs: Electric vehicles have fewer moving parts, leading to lower maintenance expenses.
- Increased government incentives: Many governments offer tax credits and incentives to promote electric vehicle adoption.
- Improved brand image: Decarbonising a fleet enhances a company's brand image, appealing to environmentally conscious customers and employees.
- Decarbonizing a vehicle fleet is a cost-effective investment. The potential savings on fuel and maintenance costs, along with available government incentives, make it an attractive proposition for businesses.
In this recent case study, we assisted a large transportation company in achieving a 20% reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from its vehicle fleet. This was accomplished by implementing the following strategies:
- Switching to electric vehicles: We helped the company transition a portion of its fleet to electric vehicles (EVs). EVs produce zero tailpipe emissions, significantly reducing GHG emissions.
- Optimising vehicle routing: We assisted the company in optimising its vehicle routing software to reduce travel distance and idle time, further reducing GHG emissions.
- Promoting sustainable driving habits: We provided training and coaching to the company's drivers on sustainable driving habits, such as avoiding abrupt starts and hard braking. This improves fuel efficiency and reduces GHG emissions.
How We Can Help Your Company
Expect AI leverages AI and data to empower businesses to decarbonise profitably.
Our AI-powered platform, UNA™, analyses an organisation's carbon footprint and provides personalised actions for impactful reduction.
This data-driven approach helps businesses become more sustainable while increasing their bottom line.
Contact us today to explore how our tailored solutions can drive your company towards sustainability success.